Friday, May 28, 2004

Romancing At Cafe Randezvous

You’re tall. 
You’re attractive. 
Sing well in whatever language. 
Sparse crowd at Café Rendezvous 
Doesn’t surprise me. 

Your solo performance is on. 
Conversations puncture 
The cool ambience 
As I dig into some
Unknown Korean munch.

Without a care in the world 
You’re on a roll singing like a breeze. 
Wonder how you manage this! 
Unconcerned and unmoved 
 Over audience apathy. 

I keep glancing at you 
Between bites and some business deals. 
You’re engrossed. 
Believe you’re singing for yourself. 
If the audience doesn’t listen, so what? 

Are you drugged tonite 
To ignore the tasteless lot? 
 Don’t know, but can’t ignore. 
I ponder. 

An eye contact I try to see your soul. 
I don’t exist for you, I presume. 
Table cleared and bill paid. 
I raise to leave towards door. 

Legs motor me to you. 
A warm handshake 
I desire and you don’t disappoint. 
Neither met you earlier. 
Nor heard you till now. 

Just one look and just one song 
Is all that needed to change me. 
Friends search for my 
Hands to shake at the gate. 
I hide them in my pockets. 
 
How can I allow them 
Rub away your fragrance 
Etched on my palms 
On this beautiful night? 

Let them think I’m mad. 
So what? I don’t care. 
I’m in love with you 
Till tomorrow morning at least. 
 Don’t disturb me till then! 
 
RAMESH KUMAR The writer lives just behind the 12th century Qutub Minar, New Delhi , India.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]