Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Dark Room

It is damp and dark
As I roll over
Tangled wire-like stuff,
Kicking and keeling.

No one to my rescue, yet.
Piercing screams through
Parched throat bring no relief.
Written off already?

Cruel, if so.
How I manage in this
Cloistered leather cubicle
God alone knows!

She is restless,
Helpless. Like me.
I feel her, can't see her.
How long? I don't know...

Just a matter of days
Before I see light and life.
This is one room
I can never return to.

She's longing to see me.
So am I.
It is a long wait
In this damp dark room.

I live on hope,
She too.
We're linked,
Yet, not seen.

It will be over soon.
I wait for two things:
A loud scream and
A liplock with you, mother!


Published in www.motif.tk, an online fortnightly theme-based webzine

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]