Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You're My Sonia!


Catch hold of him tightly!
Lest you fall and crush bones.
No helmets and careless.
Not mandatory, so what?

Where were you all these days?
Vanished into thin air
With no trace whatsoever
Leaving me in a quandary.

Don’t do this again.
I’m a heart patient.
Can’t bear this separation
Anymore. Got it?


You, in the pillion,
Me in the driving seat.
You in the scooty upfront
And me in the car behind.

Don’t mistake me!
I am no loafer.
I know you, but don’t know
Whether you know me.

On road our paths
Criss cross daily almost.
Traffic signals provide
Extra opportunities for close ups.

Your aqualine nose
Reminds me of Jayapradha,
The southern siren
Satyajit Ray adored.

In colourful Salwaar kameez
Or crisp Canjeevaram saree
You’re divine.
Do you know that?

The way you tie hair
Into a bun or allow it
For a free flow sometimes
Know not how to describe.

Know not what you do.
Know not where you go
Every morning piled onto
Scooter with the gent in front.

You’re calm and silent.
Modern, but not ultra.
Sleeveless cholis, yes.
Faded denims, not yet.

My wife’s diamond nose-ring
Will sit on you nicely.
Your fingers from distance
Look empty. Thank God!

No engagement rings.
You’re a free bird.
Should be no problems.
The first hurdle cleared.

When you vanished for a
Fortnight, worried I was.
Getting married? When?
To Whom? Have I lost out?

Now that you’re back
I’m happy and glad.
Hold him tightly, baba!
Let you fall and crush bones.

The signal is green now.
Your scooter moves forward.
Me too behind the wheels.
All is well and smooth.

Must rush home this evening
And tell my wife that
You are my Sonia.
Perfect match for my son!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]