Thursday, November 01, 2007

Can't Move Qutub elsewhere!

 

What are you up to these days, madam?
I’ve no problem over you building
More than one residential block. 
Certainly, not at my cost. 

 We never met since I moved in. 
It’s no issue at all. 
Heard you’re lazy and drone away 
Most of your time inside a gilded chamber. 

Seen your children buzzing around
All the time in my little house. 
Sweet, and honey-suckled ones sure 
I must admit. The other day daughter showed me 

Your black and brown mansion 
 From my terrace and quite impressive I must say. 
 Well ventilated in a neat structure. 
When expressed desire to meet the architect, 
Daughter said it was none other than you. 

Great guy, you must be. 
 Tell me, why you need another mansion? 
The one I saw was huge to accommodate 
An army, if I may say so.
Clueless I am. 

On the eastern side of my balcony 
I saw hectic activity with some preliminary 
Survey work underway as your consultants 
Busy exploring the ground and surroundings. 
 
That was a month ago. Yesterday I was aghast 
To see some structure in place and 
A huge workforce in full swing – 
Trying to meet some unspelt deadline. 

Build as many mansions as you want! 
I’ve no quarrels to pick. 
But leave my walls and compound free. 
Go and build your residential complexes. 

How about the peepul tree in the neighbourhood? 
Or the Finolex drainage pipe 
In Wadhwa’s four-storey building? 
The choice is wide. Leave me alone. 

I can’t move the Supreme court 
To evict you out of my premises. 
Wonder why I object?
The day your complex is ready 

And families come to occupy, 
My entry into balcony to watch 
The majestic Qutub Minar will be over. 
 Can’t afford that simple joy! 

Concede my request, Madam! 
You can build elsewhere. 
 Qutub I can’t move for a better view!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]